Arnaud LARHER – Meilleur ouvrier de France 2007
Les meilleures RECETTES des Meilleurs Ouvriers de France – Volume 1
Best Recipes - Editions GLD
- HAZELNUT-CINNAMON SHORT CRUST
- 1 1/3 cups butter, creamed
- 9 1⁄2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Grated zest of 1⁄2 lemon
- 5 3⁄4 oz hazelnut powder
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- RASPBERRY JELLY
- 17 1⁄2 oz raspberry purée
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 6 sheets gelatine or 3 teaspoons powdered gelatine
- VANILLA SYRUP
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- BISCUIT CUILLÈRE/SPONGE CAKE
- 5 1⁄4 oz (about 5) egg whites
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 1⁄2 oz (about 5) egg yolks
- 1 cup flour
- PANACOTTA MOUSSE
- 2 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped
- 5 teaspoons powdered gelatine
- A few drops bitter almond essence
- 2 1⁄2 cups heavy cream, whipped
- 3 1⁄2 oz white chocolate, melted
- 3 1⁄2 oz white chocolate squares with red transfers
HAZELNUT-CINNAMON SHORT CRUST: Soften the butter to creamy consistency in the bowl of an electric mixer. Add the remaining ingredients in the order listed. Combine well, without overworking the dough.
Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Roll out 1 inch thick. Fill tart rings. Place a round of cooking parchment in each ring, fill with pie
weights and bake for 18 to 20 minutes in a preheated 325°F oven.
RASPBERRY JELLY: Soak the gelatine in a little water for 20 minutes. Mix the raspberry purée with the sugar and warm part of the mixture before adding the gelatine. Combine the two mixtures and whisk until smooth. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
VANILLA SYRUP: Combine the sugar, water and vanilla in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
BISCUIT CUILLÈRE/SPONGE CAKE: Beat the egg whites until stiff and whisk in the sugar. Fold in the egg yolks and the flour. Pour the mixture onto a baking sheet covered with cooking parchment and spread in an even 3/8-inch layer. Bake in a preheated 350°F convection oven for 12 minutes.
PANACOTTA MOUSSE: In a saucepan, combine the cream, sugar, butter and vanilla and heat to 125°F. Soak the gelatine in a little water, and add to the warm cream mixture, stirring. Cool the mixture to 80°F. Add the bitter almond essence and the whipped cream. Pour into square molds the size and shape of small ice cubes. Chill.
The chef's advice
WINE RECOMMENDED : AOC Champagne rosé • L’élégance de la robe laisse deviner la finesse des arômes de fruits rouges • 6°C Maison Agrapart & fils • (51) AVIZE